Natural History Images and Results
25th November 2013,
Merit and Honours images for the latest Natural History competition can be viewed here and the comments here. Apologies up front if I have made any mistakes with names. Unfortunately, the images I received were not linked to any names and I had to guess the various names. If I have guessed wrong, please send an e-mail to me.
PSNZ Convention 2014
18th November 2013
As you all know, Marlborough Camera Club is hosting the next PSNZ National Convention! It is hoped that members will grab this oppurtunity to support the club as well as attend a convention close to you.
Conventions are great fun and it's a way to meet other fellow photographers from around the country, learn from fantastic photographers as well as participate in fun and exciting workshops and field trips!
Ok, I'll stop going on about how great this convention is going to be but do check out the Colours of Marlborough website by clicking on the banner above. Yes, the Marlborough Camera Club banner will now link to the Colors of Marlborough website right through the convention after which it will link back to the club's homepage. If you wish to get back to the club's home page while navigating through the club's website, all you need to do is click on the house icon in the top left hand corner of the navigation bar.
Kayak & Birdlife
18th November 2013
Will Parsons has a special offer for Marlborough Camera Club members only for a four hour evening photography session. Please check out this leaflet for further information.
11th November 2013
Please note that there are several important notices. In no particular order:
1) The upcoming field trip has been MOVED to this weekend, the 17th November 2013. Please see the Upcoming Events section on the right hand side of the main page of the website for further information.
2) There will be a special workshop on the 28th November 2013. Again, please check the Upcoming Events section.
3) A very warm welcome to Rachell Marfell who is the new vice president of the club.
4) The club committee are looking for nominations and election for two club members to replace Bryce and Emily who have resigned due to other commitments. Emily will still be webmaster and keep the website updated and running smoothly, so no worries to the new commitee member regarding this role!
5) Congratulations to club members who sold their images at the David Johnston Gallery!
6) The new set subject calendar will be out soon, so watch this space! Also note that from next year, the new digital image size will be 1620 x 1080. Please see the competition rules page for further information. If there are any questions, please ask Robyn Carter.
Well there you have it, all the latest important notices. Again, if you have any questions to ask, please contact any of the committee members.
Print of the Month - Stephen Hayward
Projected Image of the Month - Robyn Carter
We are meeting for Christmas get-together at Riverside Park. There will be some evening photography before meeting for coffee and dessert at Raupo Cafe. Please bring a wrapped $5 Xmas gift. Father Xmas will visit at Raupo Cafe.Partners are invited for this lovely evening of photography and socializing. RSVP Liz by the 5th of December please.
PSNZ Canon Online Competition - Round 6
Further information can be viewed here:
The competition is open to PSNZ and members of clubs affiliated to PSNZ.